[jcifs] operation for ????? service

Vincent MOREAU vmoreau at proginov.com
Mon Mar 9 10:14:42 GMT 2009

Hi,

I have an application using JCIFS and in some random cases it doesn't work .  When the application start we make the init like this :

jcifs.Config.setProperty("jcifs.resolveOrder", "DNS");
jcifs.Config.setProperty("jcifs.smb.client.domain", domain);
jcifs.Config.setProperty("jcifs.smb.client.username", nom_user);
jcifs.Config.setProperty("jcifs.smb.client.password", pwd_user);
jcifs.Config.setProperty("jcifs.encoding", "UTF-8");

And when we need to access a file over the Samba share we make :

file = new SmbFile("smb://domasp2.com/dfs/docbur/repbur/centrale/PartageWeb/Doc/test.txt");
System.out.println("Exist : " + file.exists());

And have the following exception :

jcifs.smb.SmbException: Invalid operation for ????? service
      at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.send(SmbTree.java:92)
      at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.send(SmbFile.java:728)
      at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.queryPath(SmbFile.java:1307)
      at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.exists(SmbFile.java:1361)
      at pnv.wicket.util.resource.UBrtFileResource.<init>(UBrtFileResource.java:32)

If we made another call like : file.getDfsPath(); we have the following exception

jcifs.smb.SmbException: NT_STATUS_NOT_FOUND
      at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.resolveDfs(SmbFile.java:717)
      at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.send(SmbFile.java:726)
      at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.queryPath(SmbFile.java:1307)
      at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.exists(SmbFile.java:1361)
      at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.isDirectory(SmbFile.java:1434)
      at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.getDfsPath(SmbFile.java:1486)
      at pnv.wicket.util.resource.UBrtFileResource.<init>(UBrtFileResource.java:36)

I said that the exception append randomly. In fact when we start the application, if it works it will allways work, but sometimes we have the error and then it will never work without starting the application again.

Is there some special tings that could not be initialized properly ? Hot to look at this ?

Thanks.