[jcifs] Possible to set properties for each server?

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 06:02:29 GMT 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 1:08 AM, Thomas Fromm<tf at inubit.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 June 2009 06:56, Thomas Fromm wrote:
>> > This doesn't really make any sense. Windows clients cannot set these
>> > properties on a host+port basis or for a thread or through any means
>> > other than the registry. So if you need to change these depending on
>> > what server you're trying to connect to, how could a Windows client
>> > work with the same servers?
>
> ATM there is only one setting which I have to switch
> jcifs.smb.client.disablePlainTextPasswords=false
> at some servers.

If your Windows clients allow plaintext passwords you might as well
just enable plain text passwords in JCIFS all the time. Note that just
because you enable plaintext passwords in JCIFS doesn't mean plaintext
passwords will be used. It's something that is negotiated by the
server.

Eventually the plan is to allow changing these properties at runtime
because it is obviously more flexible. But the current system is
sufficient to match the behavior of Windows clients. And that is
satisfactory for now.

Java Active Directory Integration