[jcifs] Problem with sign in NDR decoder

Jose Luis Martinez Avial jlmartinez at pb-santander.com
Thu Jun 18 13:26:37 GMT 2009

Hi all,
  This is not really a jCIFS question, but since the Ndr is part of
jCIFS, I think this is the best place to ask this question. I'm using
the NdrBuffer present in the jCIFS library to parse a PAC from a
Kerberos Ticket. I've found some problems when decoding numbers. For
example:

I've a 32 bits little-endian number. The hex dump is 92 0E F7 C2(the int
value should be 3270971026). But calling ndr.dec_ndr_long(array) gives
me -1023996270, which is the C2 value of the array. It seems that the
method

Encdec.dec_uint32le(buf, index);

is not returning a uint number really. Is this a bug, or it's thw way it
should be?

Thank you

Jose Luis

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Banco
Santander International does not accept legal responsibility for
the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are
solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
of Banco Santander International unless otherwise specifically
stated.

Las comunicaciones via Internet no son seguras y por lo tanto
Banco Santander International no asume responsabilidad legal ni
de ningun otro tipo por el contenido de este mensaje. Cualquier
opinion transmitida pertenece unicamente al autor y no
necesariamente representa la opinion del Banco Santander
International a no ser que este expresamente detallado.