[jcifs] Re: Problem with filenames with spaces in it

Arjan van der Veen avdveen at palanthir.nl
Thu Jun 4 14:28:00 GMT 2009

Hi,
I made a "fix" by replacing %20 and %2520 strings in the request URL's to be
replaced with normal spaces. Then Davenport works perfectly with files and
directories containing spaces. It's a quick hack, but sufficient for me. I
tested it on Mac and XP and it works quite well. Is it something to put in a
next release of Davenport? Then I will happily share my changes.

Arjan

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 16:19, Arjan van der Veen <avdveen at palanthir.nl>wrote:

> Hi,
> I am running Davenport (latest) running JDK 1.5.x (1.6 resulted in XML
> errors) and connecting to Samba 3.0.33. I have a problem regarding access to
> all files and directories within a samba share: just can't access them.
> Looking in the debug Davenport connects to jcifs with an url like
> "smb://<server>/<share>/file%20name", and apparently something goes wrong
> with the URL encoding.
>
> Anybody an idea how to fix this?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Arjan