[jcifs] Finding the server's time zone

jcifs-user jcifs-user at mailinator.com
Mon Jun 1 11:21:30 GMT 2009

Hello, I've just started using jCIFS and so far it's great. However, I've run
into a bit of a problem; I need to find the time zone of the samba server to
which I'm connecting. At first, I thought of perhaps creating a new
temporary file on the server via SmbFile.createNewFile() and checking it's
createTime() or lastModified(), however, these seemed to return the time
relative to my computer (as opposed to the server's).
I know that while connecting to the server it does send it's timezone, but I
can't seem to figure out how to access it (it's part of the ServerInfo of
the SmbTransport, but there's no public way of accessing it, AFAIK).

P.S - I'm using version 1.3.9.

Thanks in advance,
jcifs-user.