[jcifs] NTLM Authentication for HTTP Connections on GlassFish (or any servlet container)

Lech Migdal xnts at o2.pl
Tue Jul 28 05:34:01 MDT 2009

Allan Lykke Christensen <allan.lykke.christensen <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for the help Mike. I replaced the JCIFS specific code with the
> built-in methods provided in Java. Wrote a small blog post about it if
> anyone should be suffering the same problem:
> http://blogs.i2m.dk/allan/2009/06/28/ntlm-authentication-for-http-connections/

Allan,

As discussed on the email - something that worked for me is not using

jcifs.Config.registerSmbURLHandler();
URL url = new URL(url);

but instead use directly JCIFS handler:

URL url = new URL(null, url, new jcifs.http.Handler());

At least this works for NTLMv2 in the architecture I have.

Best regards,
Leszek