[jcifs] java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe

Yogesh Shukla yshukla at lexmark.com
Tue Jul 14 11:04:02 MDT 2009

Did anyone using jcifs ever see SocketException with broken pipe? I am getting
this randomly. This seems to happen very rarely but once it does my app fails to
connect to the network share, unless I reboot the machine. And then again it
would work fine until I see this error and then it would stop working again.

java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
	at java.net.SocketImpl.sendStreamImpl(Native Method)
	at java.net.SocketImpl.write(Unknown Source)
	at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.doSend(Unknown Source)
	at jcifs.util.transport.Transport.sendrecv(Unknown Source)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(Unknown Source)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sessionSetup(Unknown Source)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(Unknown Source)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeConnect(Unknown Source)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.connect(Unknown Source)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.connect0(Unknown Source)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.queryPath(Unknown Source)
	at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.exists(Unknown Source)

Thanks,
Yogesh.