[jcifs] Re: security policy requires NTLMv2

AJ Weber aweber at comcast.net
Fri Jan 30 16:40:29 GMT 2009

Maybe it's that your precise problem is not clear to me.  A quick check of
the website shows that, barring any remaining bugs, 1.3 fully supports
NTLMv2.

If you are trying to use NTLMv2 in an SSO implementation -- especially the
way the filter works -- then Mike has made it very clear that it will
probably never work, because of how the hashes are generated when using
NTLMv2 protocol.  But that is a specific "issue" with upgrading your
network, and does not imply that the latest jar does not support the
protocol.

-AJ