[jcifs] JCIFS hostname

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 20:42:02 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 2:41 PM, Eric Cartier <eric.cartier at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Allen
>
> But after any change of my configuration, I restart Tomcat... I'm in Lab.
>
> And I'm already using the parameter -Djcifs.properties=file.prp
> and the other parameters on the prp file are working !
>
> In the Active Directory event log, the workstation name for JCIFS is the ip
> address of the server, but I red that de default name is JCIFS or something
> like that. So it's not what it seem to happen.
>
> Do you have a trick to debug ? JCIFS doesn't verbose so high...

Maybe it's broken. It could be that that code doesn't force NetBIOS to
be used anymore (this is just a guess but it would explain the IP
address - you would have to look at a packet capture to confirm that).
As described in that property's documentation NetBIOS (port 139) must
be used for it to work. And if it is broken I have no interest in
fixing it as the Filter is going to be removed from JCIFS eventually.

Mike