[jcifs] JCIFS hostname

Eric Cartier eric.cartier at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 15:54:28 GMT 2009

Hi,

I have a Windows Domain with a policy restricting which users can log
on to which server.  I am using jCIFS 1.3.1.
I tried to use jcifs.netbios.hostname property to set the correct
hostname for JCIFS server, create the computer object in the active
directory.
My user is allowed to log on his computer and the jcifs server
(jcifs.netbios.hostname).

The jcifs.netbios.hostname doesn't seem to work, I saw on the security
event log of the active directory that the workstation name is called
by the ip address not by the jcifs hostname(jcifs.netbios.hostname).

Here is my error :
Logon failure: user not allowed to log on to this computer
Workstation Name : \\TheIpAddress

Note that the hostname by jcifs is resolved by DNS and the reverse lookup is
working too.

My configuration is like this :
-Djcifs.smb.lmCompatibility=1 (This parameter is static, must be initiate at
the JVM startup)

jcifs.smb.client.useExtendedSecurity=false
jcifs.smb.client.username=user
jcifs.smb.client.password=password
jcifs.resolveOrder=DNS
jcifs.http.domainController=mydomain.com
jcifs.util.loglevel=9
jcifs.netbios.hostname=myhostname

Is there un bug that you have already seen, what do you suggest ?

Thanks

Eric Cartier

email : eric.cartier at gmail.com