[jcifs] windows login popup following session timeout on a form.submit

Bill Comer bill.comer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 14:34:54 GMT 2009

Not sure if I am best posting this here or to spring but here goes.

I am using jcifs-1.2.25 with spring-security-2.0.4
My config is using org.springframework.security.ui.ntlm.NtlmProcessingFilter

If I allow the session to timeout and request a new page then all is well.
I can see a new authentication occurring OK and the new page is displayed.

However, if again I allow the session to timeout on a page and then click on
a button that performs a document.submit()
the filter is again hit and attepts to do an authentication.
However this manifests itself as a windows authentication popup asking for
the users details.

How can I stop this authentication window popup occurring ?

Ideally the user should be returned to a default page due to the loss of
session data.
Also, Any ideas how this might be done ?

Bill Comer
blog: http://billcomer.blogspot.com