[jcifs] Is a jcfis cause to lock process/service if it is under multi-threading environment?

Devalekar, Paresh Paresh_Devalekar at bmc.com
Wed Jan 14 07:29:44 GMT 2009

My customer has following scenario:

when the service stops the log file remains as is. The archive function
runs as soon as the service starts. The new logs aren't created until
each thread inside the service starts up.

it will move the files to the newly created logarchive. Then that
function will finish, for a brief period there is no log there. When the
threads start new logs are created.

I do not have metrics as to how long it takes for the service to move
and rename these files but it should definitely be in the milliseconds.

The files are moved from the current log folder to a newly created log
archive folder each time the service is restarted. The log is created
empty, but data is written to it almost immediately.

when the service stops the log file remains as is. The archive function
runs as soon as the service starts. The new logs aren't created until
each thread inside the service starts up.

The above newly created logarchive file is kept on monitoring by my
solution using jcfis 1.2.7 version.

But two weeks back, this customer service is locked by the user of my
solution. I go through the code but hardly find any possibilities by
which it causes to lock that service/process. When browse with google
for problems with jcfis, I observed that many have problems with
multi-threading environment and I think my customer too have same.

Can anybody focus on this? Is a jcfis cause to lock process/service if
it is under multi-threading state?

Any help is appreciable.

Thanks,

Paresh