[jcifs] JCIFS with Windows Vista / IE 7

John.Baker at barclayscapital.com John.Baker at barclayscapital.com
Wed Jan 7 07:35:04 GMT 2009

Mike,

If I configure the filter via the web.xml file, and it ignores the
configuration, how does that not fall into the definition of 'broken'?

It's a bug - it's not unusual for products to have a bug, but it's a
bug.  And I spent last night writing to someone with similar issues,
where properties were sometimes being ignored.  And the suggestion that
it should be configured by the VM may be correct, and is a perfectly
acceptable workaround, but it's still masking a bug.

I must have missed your explanation to why it can't be fixed but if I
recall you concluded you had to drop the filter, and then others pointed
out this was a sad and unwelcome way of resolving a bug.

Jcifs is excellent.  The static configuration object needs some
refinement.

John