[jcifs] SmbFile.exist: subnet, connection to domain controller

Jean-Marc Autexier jmau2002 at web.de
Thu Dec 10 01:46:06 MST 2009

Hi Mike,

This is understood.

Unfortunately I'm not deep enough into CIFS internals to know if doing
DFS referal by default (and first check for domain) is the best way, all I
see is that my Windows XP doesn't do it. Not sure if there is some
other windows magic in the background.
Maybe the default should be to first check if it is a hostname and only
then check if it is a domain. But you probably know better why it is
implemented like it is.

Anyway, jcifs.smb.client.dfs.disabled solved my problem so far.

Thanks again,
Jean-Marc