[jcifs] JCIFS with ApacheDS on Windows Vista

metazone billthedude_2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 4 13:34:15 MST 2009

A java web app that I need to install on a stand-alone (no network
connections) Windows Vista box requires an LDAP server for user
authentication.  The developer's site uses Active Directory (the code uses
JCIFS to access Active Directory).

I was going to install Active Directory onto the box but saw that Windows
Vista doesn't support it.  Instead, I was thinking of installing ApacheDS.
Should this work?

Thanks,
Bill