[jcifs] JCIFS, Kerberos

André Warnier aw at ice-sa.com
Tue Dec 1 01:52:59 MST 2009

Hi.

I would not like anyone to spend a long time on this, but could someone
briefly outline what are the differences in authentication mechanisms
between a Kerberos and non-Kerberos situation, from a jCIFS point of view ?
(Or provide some pointers to that effect, other than a pure Kerberos
introduction).
I have a superficial knowledge of Kerberos in general, and a somewhat
better understanding of the NTLM authentication mechanism, but what I do
not entirely understand is why there have to be 2 separate versions of
JCIFS authentication to handle the Kerberos case.

Thanks in advance
André