[jcifs] Possible bug in jcifs.smb.SmbComOpenAndX

Andy Thomson a10008051 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 12:07:09 MDT 2009

Mike,

Yup.  Mr Murphy smacked me in the head.  A little while after sending
the email, I figured out what was going on  ... of course the comments
in the code could not possibly have been a hint :-O ...  To avoid my
future confusion on it, I renamed it comflags. I was just doing some
"what if" experiments, that's how I got there.

---

I did spot some duplicate static declarations in the SmbFile, some that
it actually picks up from SmbConstants. They are harmless, just duplicated.

 public static final int ATTR_READONLY = 0x01;
 // extended file attribute encoding(others same as above)
 static final int ATTR_COMPRESSED = 0x800;
 static final int ATTR_NORMAL = 0x080;
 static final int ATTR_TEMPORARY = 0x100;

These appear in both SmbConstants and SmbFile.

---

Thank you for the fast reply.

Andy