[jcifs] Folder permissions to an user

jims12 i_pradeep_kumar at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 20 07:39:35 MDT 2009

Hi All,

I've an AD domain and i've an share folder in one of the system with in
domain. By using the jcifs API, i created a folder in the share directory.
But i don't know how to assign the permissions to access.

For e.g.
I've more than one user in AD domain like "Administrator", "jims", "thomas"
etc..
i created a folder in shared directory by using the "Administrator". It's
created succesfully. But my question is, how to assign the permission to
read or write for the created folder to access by the other user "jims".
i.e. when i created using "administrator", the created folder not accessbed
by the other users. It shows a message "Access Denied". So, the user
compulsory need permissions to access the created folder.

Please let me know the possible solution.

-- Jims