[jcifs] usage jcifs with servlets

André Warnier aw at ice-sa.com
Fri Aug 14 15:03:19 MDT 2009

Michael.Jagusch at it.nrw.de wrote:

Hi.
Try dropping the single quotes around the filter-name and filter-class
values, like :

>  <filter>
>   <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
>   <filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>

Also, if you use the jcifs.netbios.wins parameter, then you should not
use the jcifs.http.domainController, and vice-versa.

>   <init-param>
>    <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.domain</param-name>
>    <param-value>[DOMAIN]</param-value>
>   </init-param>
>   <init-param>
>    <param-name>jcifs.netbios.wins</param-name>
>    <param-value>[IP]</param-value>
>   </init-param>

drop the following :
>   <init-param>
>    <param-name>jcifs.http.domainController</param-name>
>    <param-value>[IP]</param-value>
>   </init-param>

(The JCIFS filter will obtain the IP of the Domain Controller from the
WINS server).

Also, you should really have a look at Jespa (http://www.ioplex.com).
The JCIFS HTTP filter will /NOT/ handle NTLMv2 authentication, which is
fast becoming the standard in corporate environments.
Last time I looked, Jespa was free for small numbers of users.  And for
larger numbers, the price is not very high anyway.
And it works with NTLMv2.