[jcifs] Re: OutOfBounds exception in authenticate

erez erez_levav at newyorklife.com
Thu Apr 30 19:35:03 GMT 2009

Michael B Allen <ioplex <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > I marked the line that blows up above.
> > Since I checked and "challenge" is not null, and is longer then 8 bytes,
> > I can only assume it is "type2" that is the problem -- but why????
>
> Maybe the problem is that suddenly your organization has switched to
> NTLMv2 and that error is the effect of that on your particular use of
> the code.
>
> Note that the entire technique you are using is deprecated and will be
> removed from JCIFS. See the blue text at the top of the NTLM HTTP
> Filter documentation for details.
>
> JCIFS does not support the server side of NTLM authentication. JCIFS
> only supports what is required to act as a CIFS client.
>
> Mike

Mike,

First, than you for the speedy response!

Well, I asked that question (I understand the V2 "issue").
They swear up & down they didn't....  Even thou the error sounds
pretty close to what one might expect from the text.

BTW, What is the time frame for that part of JCIFS to go away?
Are there any other possibilities for the error?  Is there any chance that
the current release can make a difference?

Thanks again,

erez