[jcifs] Pass NTLM auth details to web service call?

Debbie J ickle.deb at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 30 09:19:32 GMT 2009

Hello,

I've just started using jcifs, and now have NTLM authentication working
successfully for my site - via adding the jar and editing web.xml as
necessary.

However, now I need to be able to use the NTLM auth for connecting to other
web services.

My site is running under Tomcat, using Java backend and JSPs. A JSP calls a
method on a backend Java class to in turn invoke the web services. The web
service call needs to authenticate using NTLM, which should be the same
details already authenticated using jcifs on navigating the site.

I have successfully connected to the webservices via hard-coded login
details, using HttpTransportProperties.Authenticator and setting this as
part of the authentication options on the web service call. To correctly
call the web services, I need to pass the authentication details of the user
rather than this hard-coded version. How can that information be retrieved
in order to be used in this way?

Many thanks,

Deb