[jcifs] jcifs crashes on apache harmony JVM

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 06:08:20 GMT 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 11:20 PM, Maxim Suponya <maxim.suponya at qbe.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm getting this exception when running my application that uses jcifs on
> Apache Harmony 5.0M9 JRE:
>
> jcifs.smb.SmbException: Incorrect function.
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.checkStatus(SmbTransport.java:542)
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:644)
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sessionSetup(SmbSession.java:372)
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:235)
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeConnect(SmbTree.java:161)
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.doConnect(SmbFile.java:857)
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.connect(SmbFile.java:897)
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.connect0(SmbFile.java:826)
>         at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.exists(SmbFile.java:1359)
>
> While the same application runs just fine on Sun's JVM.
>
> Has anybody had a similar issue? Is there any way I can get around this? I
> must use an opensource JVM so I could bond it together with my application
> so Sun's JRE is not an option.

The "Incorrect function" error is just an artefact of something else.

What properties are you setting exactly and what does your test code
look like? Are you just running one of the examples like
examples/Exists.java?

If you send me a packet capture I will at least look at it. The issue
might be something obvious.

Java Active Directory Integration