[jcifs] Need help with failed logins

MStreck mark.strecker at siemens.com
Fri Apr 10 20:29:29 GMT 2009

Hello All,

Thanks for the quick replies. I will try to answer both posts here.

First, I can confirm that using Firefox on MacOS does work and Safari on my
PC also works, but I am using the 4.x beta they have 3.x ... so maybe there
is a fix? I also noticed that with the MacOS failure with Safari, I get the
unknown user error.(Which is different from the others.) The negotiation
appears to complete, but it gets the error.

I will try the browser plug-ins and WireShark to see what's happening.
Anything in particular to look for?

I too suspect that there are setup differences on the PCs I mentioned. They
are all laptops at a single site(using XPSP3), but IE on their desktops
works. We did look at the security checkbox for Enable Integrated Windows
Auth and noticed that the trusted intranet sites were different. Changing
the trusted intranet sites didn't change anything.

I will also ask one of the systems people if they are limited to NTLMv2.

Maybe I'll try Jespa too if it's pretty easy to drop in. We don't use Vista
widely yet, but it seems that this is the upgrade path. Anyone using Jespa
with Seam?

Thanks again.
I'll get back with you on Monday with more info.