[jcifs] Javadoc

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 21:27:26 GMT 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Jim Goodwin <james.goodwin at eds.com> wrote:
> The Javadoc at http://jcifs.samba.org/src/docs/api/ is out of synch with the
> current source and with jcifs-1.3.8.jar.

It is? The 1.3.8 release added the RC4 class and I can see it in the API docs.

Perhaps something is being cached? Hold the shift key down while you hit reload.

> I'd be glad to generate the javadoc myself if I had the source but I didn't see
> a way to download all the source easily. Is there a downloadable zip file with
> containing the source somewhere? Or, can someone regenerate the javadoc and
> serve it up.

The stock package contains everything. The secret build directions are
hidden at the very end of the README.txt.

Basically you just do:

  $ ant javadoc

The JCIFS API documentation really needs to be pruned. We used to
limit what classes were exposed in the API docs but at some point that
broke. I've added a task to the TODO list to fix that. Almost 90% of
the classes are things no one should ever look at.

Java Active Directory Integration