[jcifs] Using jCIFS as a smb server rather than a smb client

Ron Cozad rcozad55 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 14:30:28 GMT 2008

I desire to have a Tomcat servlet that mimics a smb server.

Why?  I need to interface an application to a document repository.  I can not modify either the application nor repository.  The application only supports smb client, no webdav or url support.  The repository does not provide smb server services.

My plan is to put a gateway in place that pretends to be an smb server for the application but talks native transport with the repository.

It appears that jCIFS provides smb client support only.  Could someone confirm that?

If I am wrong, is there any example code available using jCIFS as an smb server?

If I am right, please refer me to another toolkit.

Thanks