[jcifs] Checking file locks

Volker Müller volker.mueller at xsystem.de
Mon Oct 27 13:50:05 GMT 2008

Hello,

I spent some time on trying to determine the locks (file lock, oplock)
of a file.
After all, I have'nt found a way to check the lock without locking the file.

My application has a lot of threads opening files on a netApp-Filer. The
same file may be opened from various clients.
In this scenario I need something like a checkLock()-methode to
determine the file lock without blocking the access for other clients
(in case of reading access). The result should only displayed in the
GUI, the file will not be opened in all cases.

Have someone an idea how to solve the problem?

Thanks

Volker