[jcifs] NtlmHttpFilter caching question

AJ Weber aweber at comcast.net
Mon Nov 17 13:36:15 GMT 2008

I appreciate the reply, and the very valuable insight.

I wasn't really trying to cache the ntlm hashes, but the NtlmPasswordAuthentication object and just check if it still existed in the cache (with the cache configured to have a TTL, so I would re-authenticate only after a configured timeout of credentials validity).  But even trying to set a cookie (which does get set, I can confirm that) with a max-age of -1 (browser lifetime) doesn't work.  If I check for the cookie in the doFilter, and if it exists, skip the negotiate completely, I get into the same loop.

Really strange.

-AJ