[jcifs] JCIFS 1.3.0 - Error on Sample GetLocalMemberSids

Tom Scheideck scheidecker at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 13 21:58:12 GMT 2008

This file does not compile for the following error:

SID.getLocalGroupsMap is not visible.

Looking at SID.java I see that the getLocalGroupsMap is declared as "static Map getLocalGroupsMap"

The same goes for getGroupMemberSids and getGroupMemberSids0.

As a result, I cannot return the localGroups associated with an user from my NTLMPasswordAuthentication object.

My goal here is to get the current USER SID as well as the SIDs from the groups associated with it.

The sample program supplied, GetLocalMemberSids.java is awesome example.

But it does not work nor compile.

Any light on this one?

Thanks.