[jcifs] Performance Issue with jcifs-1.2.19 and higher

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Thu May 29 21:53:36 GMT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 4:25 PM, rosed <rosed at lexmark.com> wrote:

> I'm seeing a pretty big performance hit when using jcifs-1.2.19 or higher
> with the ListFiles example.  Here are three test runs using 1.2.18, 1.2.19
> and 1.2.21:
>
> D:\JCIFS\jcifs_1.2.18\examples>java -classpath D:\eclipse\workspace\Test\thi
> rdParty\jcifs\jcifs-1.2.18.jar;. ListFiles smb://rosed:test@dr670/snf/
>  test/ users/
> 2 files in 6094ms

This is almost certainly a name service lookup problem. I don't see a
properties file anyware in your command line so unless you modified
ListFiles.java I'd say you need to set WINS or tweak DNS to be more
forgiving about using unqualified hostnames. See our website. I think
there's an entire page about setting name service properties.

PHP Active Directory SPNEGO SSO