[jcifs] jCIFS license

Matt Parker parkerman at gmail.com
Tue May 6 22:38:07 GMT 2008

Hi Mike,

I understand the jCIFS license to be LGPL. However, there are two
different links from the home page--one under the heading "Developer
Information", link "JCIFS is Licensed Under the LGPL" which links to
the 1999 LGPL 2.1 text, and one under the heading "Other", link "GNU
Library General Public License" which links to the 2007 LGPL v3 text.
Also, the API overview
(http://jcifs.samba.org/src/docs/api/overview-summary.html) discusses
the intent of the license.

I'd like to suggest creating a dedicated "jCIFS License" page which
describes the intent of the license and has a link to whichever
version of LGPL is relevant. Then link to that page from an FAQ entry
"What is the jCIFS license?" and from the home page.

Thanks in advance,

Matt