[jcifs] ntlm auth with roles coming from database?

Jay Kraly jaykraly at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 17:31:00 GMT 2008

I have jCIFS setup to successfully authenticate people into my struts 2
webapp (JBoss 4.2.2).  I am able to get the remote user information from
within my actions and jsp pages.

Now the problem is that I want to take this remote user name and pull the
roles associated with that username from a table in my database.  I'd like
to do this with as little custom coding as possible so I'd like to use
existing framework functionality.  Setting up a login-module using a
DatabaseServerLoginModule seems to get me part of the way there, but I don't
actually want to authenticate the user against the database, just populate
roles.

Anybody have a recommendation on the best way to do this?  I can write my
own java if needed but I'm hoping there is a cleaner way.

Thanks in advance

-J