[jcifs] SmbFile CopyTo size limit

Steve K skuekes at rxhealthcare.org
Tue Mar 11 20:03:43 GMT 2008

I am using jcifs 1.2.18 to copy files between 2 smb servers using the
SmbFile and its copyTo method.  The files I'm copying are larger than 4.45 Gb.
The results are that I only get an output file that is 2,147,493,180 and the
copy completes without any exceptions.

If I re-implement the copy using the inputstream and the outputstream for
the two smbfiles and do my own reading and writing it copies these large
files just fine.  It looks like there is some kind of 2 Gb limit in
the SmbFile.copyTo method.

Is this a limit/bug or do I need to do something else to make copyTo
work properly.

Thanks.