[jcifs] NPE in SmbFile.listFiles with 1.2.18

Michael B Allen miallen at ioplex.com
Thu Mar 6 16:21:16 GMT 2008

On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 03:39:11 -0500
"Patrick Madden" <PatrickMadden at clooster.com> wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> I very much appreciate that you took the time to understand this issues.
>
> FYI, I have 19 shares on a Windows 2003 server. Is that considered "too
> many"? I really have no idea.

Hi Patrick,

I actually don't know what the limit is for the number of shares or if
there is any such limit.

> The 1.2.17 codebase has no problems handling this test case. So
> something has changed leading up to 1.2.18.

That's good to know. Although it could be that a share was added or a
comment on one was changed and it caused something about the data to
change. We'll see. Of it could be that the fragmented response is not
the problem at all and it's something else entirely. I haven't looked
at it closely enough.

> In fact this code is not critical to my use of JCifs at all. It was just
> something I ran into via unit testing.
>
> Anyway, it's not too often that I get to help out the open source
> community that has so often helped me. Therefore, keep me in the loop
> and if I can help to unit test the "fix" when its available just let me
> know.
>
> Again,
>
> Thanks very much,

You're welcome.