[jcifs] Exists Junit tests?

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Wed Mar 5 02:22:00 GMT 2008

Michael B Allen wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 16:07:50 -0600
> "Christopher R. Hertel" <crh at ubiqx.mn.org> wrote:
>
>> Don't forget the newest pile of doco:  Microsoft has released the
>> documentation they wrote for MCPP and WSPP programs.
>>
>>   http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=573&SiteID=1
>>
>> Time will tell how much better this doco is relative the previous attempts.
>
> Yeah, I saw this but I wasn't sure if it was ok to read it. Are there
> still conditions attached to this stuff? I'm not just doing OSS anymore. I
> have commercial software that I license to people.

According to the press release, the only restriction would be patent claims.
 They even go as far as to say they won't sue over those for non-commercial use.

Some of the docs now actually list the relevant patents, which helps.

I'll know more soon, but here's an article from The Reg:
  http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02/21/microsoft_goes_open/

They gave me a T-shirt that says "Reports of snowballs in hell" on the back.
(No, really.)

Probably worth asking 'round on the Samba-Tech list.  Lots of FOSS and
commercial developers are wondering the same things but there's been very
little (other than Slashdot) public discussion.  At least, I haven't seen
all that much.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org