[jcifs] The system cannot find the path specified

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 18:10:47 GMT 2008

On 6/23/08, Coppens Benoît (All4IT) <Benoit.Coppens at ucb-group.com> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
>  The answer I got from our server team is:
>
>  ntbrafscl011.dir.ucb-group.com is the the host name of the stand alone DFS
>
>  If I enter "\\ntbrafscl011.dir.ucb-group.com\dfs\Sites\Braine\GTSO\GECTD\DSPE\Department organization\Archives\Time sheet\TS SVL SVT JLH - 060504.xls" in the Start > Run dialog, the file is opened in Excel
>
>  It works also with \\ntbrafscl011\dfs\Sites\...
>  But it does not work with \\dir.ucb-group.com\dfs\Sites\... or \\ucb-group.com\dfs\Sites\...

Hi Benoit,

That is very possibly a bug in JCIFS then. It sounds like stand-alond
DFS is broken. I'll have to play with it and make sure it's working
properly. But I'm a little backed up right now. It might take me a
while.

What is the server? Windows 2003, Samba, ...?

PHP Active Directory SPNEGO SSO