[jcifs] jcifs.smb.SmbException: Incorrect function

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 20:02:22 GMT 2008

So maybe the path in the SMB_COM_TREE_CONNECT_ANDX needs to match what
NetApp was configured for. Or perhaps it's a DNS issue. I used an FQDN
ok but I didn't try the NetBIOS name (not running WINS here). Another
thing to try is the IP.

I know the NetApp Filers are fast but I think they're based on NT 3.x
code which makes them a bit fickle. We'll just have to learn how to
dodge the quirks.

Mike