[jcifs] JCIFS Pops up dialog box for Authenticating certain users

AJ Weber aweber at comcast.net
Sun Jul 6 23:08:41 GMT 2008

I have found this to be consistent with IE 6+ when the user is not already authenticated to the domain.  For example, a VPN user can (in some setups) avoid authenticating to the domain from their "home PC".  When that is the case, they will be prompted for credentials.

Also, if you are using an IP address or some names it can happen.  The best thing is to check that IE has the target URL/site/host in the "Intranet" or "Trusted Sites" zone first.

-AJ