[jcifs] JCIFS Pops up dialog box for Authenticating certain users

Vivek Mehtani vivek.mehtani at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 17:31:19 GMT 2008

Hi,

We need to configure JCIFS for single sign on silently passing the
credentials. For this we have configured the NtlmHttpFilter in the following
manner in our web.xml file. The problem we are facing is that for certain
users it works perfectly fine but for certain users it pops up a dialog box
for the credentials . if the user provides the correct credentials then user
gets authenticated.

But we would like every user to be authenticated silently.

can some one suggest what is wrong in the below configuration that it
doesn't work for all users ?

    <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
        <filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>
        <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.domain</param-name>
        <param-value>DOMAIN</param-value>
        </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.http.domainController</param-name>
        <param-value>IP</param-value>
        </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.util.loglevel</param-name>
        <param-value>2</param-value>
        </init-param>
    <init-param>
        <param-name>jcifs.smb.lmCompatibility</param-name>
        <param-value>3</param-value>
        </init-param>
    </filter>

Thanks