[jcifs] Authenticate without using filter

Frank Biel Knudsen frankbiel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 14:31:49 GMT 2008

Hi
I am trying to make a servlet that have to authenticate a user (simply
HttpServletRequest.getRemoteUser). When I'm using jcifs as a filter on
a tomcat server I can authenticate the user, but the rest of the
website is not working properly. So now I just want to use jcifs as a
library inside my servlet, and from there just parse the
HttpServletRequest to the jcifs library hope that it will decorate the
request the right information, so I afterwards just can do an
HttpServletRequest.getRemoteUser. The problem is that I can't seem to
find any documentation on how to do this.

Best regards
Frank B