[jcifs] JCIFS Authentication failure

Thiru Srinivasan thirusrinivasan at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 04:19:12 GMT 2008

Hello
I am not a developer, but this issue is on our table - Active directory
team.
We have our intranet application for Updating Contact Information. This uses
JCIFS library. I heard from the developer that the code is hardcoded with a
Domain Controller name in Domain A.

Issue
=====

Recently, we are seeing that users in Domain B are not able to authenticate
to the application.Users login to their workstation using their domain
account. To update the contact information, they click on the link where it
again prompts for user name and password. It fails here with Invalid ID or
Password error. They do not have any logging enabled in the production
environment. Users in Domain B were using this application few months back,
no change in the app configuration (this is from the developer). How does
the applciation verify a user in Domain B when the app is hardcoded to a
domain controller in Domain A. Both Domain A and B are trusted both ways.
ALL USERS IN DOMAIN A are able to access the application without issues. We
tried to point to two domain controllers - W2K and W2K3.
Appreciate your assistance.

Thanks
Thiru