[jcifs] jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException:

Michael B Allen miallen at ioplex.com
Thu Jan 3 18:41:31 GMT 2008

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 13:29:01 -0500
"Sokolov, Oleg" <oleg_sokolov at merck.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> We were using jcifs for a few years to connect from web app to windows
> share. The version we were using was old - 0.7.12. Now we upgraded to
> the 1.1.17 and we start receiving jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException: Logon
> failure: user not allowed to log on to this computer.
>
> We are connecting using service account. If we switch to the personal
> account to connect to the share then everything working fine with new
> version. What should we do to be able to connect using service account?

Hi Oleg,

You would need to get a capture of 0.7.12 and 1.2.17 and compare to see
verify what credentials were really being used and compare the captures
to see what is different. In general, that error is pretty much what
it sounds like - the credentials supplied really cannot log into that
computer which suggests that 0.7.12 really can't either.

PHP Active Directory SPNEGO SSO