[jcifs] jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeDisconnect() not resetting service

Michael B Allen miallen at ioplex.com
Thu Jan 3 16:54:19 GMT 2008

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 11:50:45 +0800
"Ti Lian Hwang" <lian_hwang.ti at fairprice.com.sg> wrote:

> Still trying to figure out the W2K3 problem.
> Managed to track down to probably the issue is that
>
> jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeDisconnect() does not reset the service to '?????'
>
> When it reconnects, it will ask for the service 'IPC'.
> This seems to cause a logon failure.
>
> Could anyone verify such a behaviour ?

Interesting. I'll add this to the TODO list. This should definitely be
fixed, but I'm curious - if JCIFS successfully connected to the share and
found it to be IPC then why would the server care if it was explicitly
specified as IPC instead of '?????' the second time?  Is there a specific
implementation that this causes a problem with?

PHP Active Directory SPNEGO SSO