[jcifs] exception reading from socket input: DC1.domain.com

Sitaram Pamarthi sitaram.pamarthi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 10:12:03 GMT 2008

I have web application hosted on Unix. This application uses JCIFs to
authenticate with active directory.

Recently, I am seeing below error in Apache tomcat logs and the
authentication from clients failing randomly.

*Dec 14 20:55:56.376 - exception reading from socket input: DC1.domain.com/<ip
address> *

I have tried redirecting the authentication server to another DC but still
ending up with the same error. Can some one help me in understanding the
issue here?

Thanks,
Sitaram