[jcifs] Logon failure with IE7 / Vista

hein30 derkach at online.no
Thu Aug 28 20:25:51 GMT 2008

Hello,

I have a website where jcifs 1.2.24 is implemented, and everythings works
OK, except when trying to logon to the website using the IE7/Vista
combination.

I'm trying to log on from a different domain than the server (dev.mydomain)
instead of just mydomain, which is where my server is. This works perfectly
well on any other combination (browser/OS) that I've tried.

On Vista, IE7 seems to behave different than Firefox
This is from my error log when using IE7:
sessionSetup: accountName=myuser,primaryDomain=dev.mydomain.com
NtlmHttpFilter: dev.mydomain.com\myuser: 0xC000006D:
jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad
password.

This is from my error log when using FireFox/Vista:
sessionSetup: accountName=myuser,primaryDomain=mydomain
NtlmHttpFilter: mydomain\myuser successfully authenticated against
0.0.0.0<00>/192.168.1.19

Is this an issue because Vista uses NTLM v2?
Is there any workaround on the server side to avoid this?