[jcifs] jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter and POST

Kevin Tapperson kevin at tapperson.net
Fri Aug 22 13:17:21 GMT 2008

Hi Robert,

There are a couple of things that I can recommend that you try.

First, from your post ("...when I use the login in this code in my
filter..."), it sounds like you've copied the code and you're trying to use
it inside another filter.  If this is the case, then I'd recommend that you
remove this code from your other filter and use the version that I posted
exactly as is.

The second thing is to make sure that this code (NTLMPostFilter) is executed
before other filters in the filter chain.  This filter should be the first
one in your filter chain.  The order of the filter chain is controlled by
the order of the filter-mapping tags in web.xml.

The NTLMPostFilter that I posted was developed for and used with Vignette
Portal 7.  It's been in a production environment for about 4-5 years now.
If you have continued trouble, I can see if I can dig up the old web.xml
file from the portal to see the exact order of the filters and how they are
configured.

--
Kevin Tapperson