[jcifs] patch for exposing transports

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 22:26:11 GMT 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 5:53 PM, Matt Parker <parkerman at gmail.com> wrote:
> - I know that it would be more scalable and efficient to re-use
> transports, but I haven't been able to successfully do so without
> having sporadic StatusAccessDenied errors, even when using smb

That sounds like the "hiccup bug" which was diagnosed a few weeks ago.
I also posted a message regarding fixing the issue:

http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-NTLM-usrname-password-failure-after-each-5-mins-p18096894.html

And someone posted a refcount based patch (that I can't speak for).

> signing. This solution is scalable enough for my needs, and allows me
> to choose between whether it's okay to fail occasionally with better
> performance, or to never fail but with a heavier network/server load.
> - using ssnLimit doesn't work well for me

That should work so if it doesn't you might try to figure out why.

> - setting soTimeout to something like 1000 prevents lingering

Actually increasing soTimeout should increase "lingering" connections.

> connections. the whole auth process should never take more than 1
> second.

It should take less than 1/10th of a second regardless of how soTimeout is set.

PHP Active Directory SPNEGO SSO