[jcifs] Re: jcifs.smb.Dfs bugs

Michael B Allen miallen at ioplex.com
Mon Apr 28 16:15:42 GMT 2008

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 16:32:58 +0200
Ronny Schuetz <Usenet.r96 at gishpuppy.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> > Indeed.
> >
> > Please try this package:
> >
> >   http://jcifs.samba.org/src/1.2.20c.jar
> >   http://jcifs.samba.org/src/1.2.20c.zip
> >   http://jcifs.samba.org/src/1.2.20c.tgz
>  >
> > It has the thread-safe DFS cache changes and the getTrustedDomains
> > lookup fix.
> >

> Thanks a lot! Btw, the synchronization on Dfs#insert() is missing

Actually you don't need to syncrhonize on SmbFile.dfs if #insert
is synchronized. I just changed it in my tree (but either way is
thread-safe).

> and in
> Dfs#getDc() is one more call to UniAddress.getByName(domain), that might
> need to be UniAddress.getByName(domain, true).

Changed.

> > Well you don't need to use a separate object. Just synchronize on
> > SmbFile.dfs around the insert. See 1.2.20c code.
>
> Right. Just wanted to minimize the time spent in the synchronized
> blocks, as Dfs#resolve() seems to perform a bunch of network calls.

Yes, the referrals are not going to be as lightning fast as they could
be but everything is cached so it doesn't really need to be. It's simpler
(and thus safer) to just lock down everything while referrals are pending.

PHP Active Directory SPNEGO SSO