Re[jcifs] connecting to Windows using JCIFS

marasim marasim at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 07:25:02 GMT 2008

Hi All:

I am trying to connect to a Windows machine. If the Windows host goes down
(shuts down, or network disconnects) and then comes back up after a while, I
get this exception:

jcifs.smb.SmbException:
jcifs.util.transport.TransportException
java.lang.InterruptedException

and

jcifs.util.transport.TransportException: Transport1 timedout waiting for
response to
SmbComReadAndX[command=SMB_COM_READ_ANDX,received=false,errorCode=0,flags=0x0018,flags2=0xC007,signSeq=6014198,tid=2052,pid=58098,uid=4096,mid=31194,wordCount=12,byteCount=0,andxCommand=0xFF,andxOffset=0,fid=16385,offset=2326739148,maxCount=1024,minCount=1024,openTimeout=-1,remaining=1024,offset=2326739148]

I have no idea why I get this, I know there is a timeout which I can
increase, but even after increasing it to 10 minutes instead of the default
30 seconds, it doesn't try to reconnect.

The strange thing is my code doesn't get the exception for me to catch, I am
using DcerpcHandle and my guess is it calls the SmbTransport.send()
somewhere which throws this exception.

I would really appreciate any help to understand how I can catch this
exception so that I can manually reconnect to the machine.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Marasim