[jcifs] Can I ask you about the EAR for jcifs?

akiko.kitayama at nts.ricoh.co.jp akiko.kitayama at nts.ricoh.co.jp
Thu Apr 24 02:00:05 GMT 2008

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your quick reply!

> However, US export restrictions on cryptographic software were dumped a
> long time ago (e.g. MIT's kerberos can now be distributed outside the
> US). Also, Ricoh is not a US company so AFAIK those regulations don't
> even apply to you.

This is a good information for me. Thank you.
And yes, Ricoh is not a US company but a Japanese company.

However, it's my understanding that the EAR will be applied for a product
containing any technology created in the US, even if the product is not
made in the US.

Then let me confirm one thing.
Is the jcifs created in the US?

Best Regards,