[jcifs] jcifs.smb.Dfs bugs

Michael B Allen miallen at ioplex.com
Wed Apr 23 18:16:29 GMT 2008

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:20:41 -0400
Michael B Allen <miallen at ioplex.com> wrote:

> > Btw, accesses to "referrals" cache are unsynchronized, I think this
> > needs to be changed as well as there is only one static Dfs instance.
>
> True. Some maps should be synchronized. I'll create an update for this.

Ronny,

Make the jcifs.smb.client.Dfs.resolve() method synchronized:

  public synchronized DfsReferral resolve(String domain, ...

and try your tests again. I wouldn't be surprised if that fixed all of
your DFS related issues.

Note that you can also temporarily reduce jcifs.smb.client.dfs.ttl to
say 10 seconds to really stess the DFS cache code.

Please let us know how it works out either way.

PHP Active Directory SPNEGO SSO